Fedora 7 Audio

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 15 15:01:12 UTC 2007

I just created a new user on this install and he has no permissions for audio.
I was surprised to see no audio group so wonder if Fedora have some other way
of doing things?

One message from a Google search said to add the user to the audio group, but
didn't suggest creating one.  Root and the first user created during the
install do have working audio without the group.

Incidentally I am not impressed with Fedora 7 install,  upgrading from FC-6 is
a pain with the switch from hda to sda, it doesn't handle it well.  It won't
install on one computer, complains about the swap partition being unusable [
it is 2 gb] .  There doesn't seem to be any monitor recognition,  3 installs
have all been a 1024 x 768,  a nice safe bet that it will work, I guess. I
never used my FC-6 install and I suspect the new release will get the same
attention.

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can