Surge Suppressors

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 15 14:15:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 10:03:01PM -0300, Ed ???????? ????????? wrote:
> Glen Strom wrote:
>
> >This unit also has protection for cable TV. I found that when I use
> >it, the cable signal degrades. I was told a signal booster would fix
> >the problem. Is this true?
>
> Yes - usually in the $10-$25 range - often referred to as
> line amps.

Just make sure it is digital cable capable.  Some cheap ones only cover
the analog cable frequency range and will simply cuit off the rest or at
least not do well with it.  The digital cable ready ones also allow
signals to flow both ways through the amplifier, which for a cable modem
(and digital cable box) is rather essential.

--
Len Sorensen