DSL service [was Re:TLUG Mail list archives?]

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 13 06:55:22 UTC 2007

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> | From: Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org>
>
> | I'm actually finding Rogers customer service to be improving.
>
> My cable and TV service failed about 24 hours ago.

Mine too. Actually, the service didn't completely die, a single channel
(OMNI1) was working. So was my Internet, so the important stuff was
still up.

Times like that, when I know that others are experiencing the same
problem, I never call support. I know that tech support will have little
to say except "we're working on it", and that I can depend on a swarm of
others to keep them busy. ;-)

As usual, it comes back eventually, and wouldn't have been fixed any
faster whether I'd called or not. If the outage is long enough I call
the next day and ask for a credit, which they often grant -- but that
wasn't the case here.

- Evan