DSL service [was Re:TLUG Mail list archives?]

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 12 15:35:37 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, James Knott wrote:

> phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> Well, I guess it could be worse, at least I can switch to cable:
>>
>> Why French DSL Service Is Like a Rude French Waiter
>> http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2007/06/french_dsl
>>

> Geez.  They're almost as bad as Sympatico!  ;-)
>
> At least Sympatico doesn't charge to put you on hold.

Rogers did that to me once.  I asked them specifically before a trip to
Jamaica whether my voicemail would work.  "Yes yes they said.  No
problem".  About a day after I arrived in Jamaica I was suspicious about
a lack of voicemail messages so I had a business associate call me and try
to leave a message.  Guess what - voicemail was broken!  I called Rogers
and they charged me international rates while I was waiting on hold (they
were looking in to the problem).

They refunded the money after receiving an irate call from me when the
bill arrived :)

Rob

--
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine..."
 	-- RFC 1925 "The Twelve Networking Truths"