"Lone Coder" - AdTI, funded by Microsoft, denies that Linus Torvalds was the "lone coder" inventor of Linux !

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 11 21:14:04 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Chris F.A. Johnson <cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, James McIntosh wrote:
>
> > "Lone Coder" - AdTI, funded by Microsoft, denies that Linus Torvalds was
> > the "lone coder" inventor of Linux !
> >
> > http://www.cbronline.com/article_cbr.asp?guid=F8EBD1F4-A2AE-4A24-BF1A-0F70CA
> > 8737CA
> >
> > Computer Business Review Online
> > ----
> > Analysis: Whose Linux Is It Anyway?
> > 1st June 2004
>
>     That's ancient history.

Indeed it is - at least as we count ancient nowadays.

But just to point out the (er - what I'd hope to be) obvious though,
historical obeservations/refreshers' are useful; particularly to those
struggling to understand where "we" come from.

--
Scott Elcomb

"Our Founders' faith in the viability of representative democracy
rested on their trust in the wisdom of a well-informed citizenry,
their ingenious design for checks and balances, and their belief that
the rule of reason is the natural sovereign of a free people." - Al
Gore (The Assault on Reason, 2008)

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin

'"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting
on its shoes."  - Mark Twain