FW:Shuttleworth - what Microsoft is doing is "racketeering" ....

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 11 13:05:30 UTC 2007

--- Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Goddamn folks, how long are people to bitch about
> Microsoft without
> > doing something about it? We all know they're
> douchebags... either hack
> > them, firebomb their offices or something... or
> stop talking about them.
>
> Given that we live in a different world now (post
> 9/11) can someone step in
> and remind people that instigating someone to
> firebomb someone's office can
> get you gitmo'd?

Agreed!

Look folks, much as I dislike MS, suggesting illegal
acts is on every level stupid and insane.

I have doubts about the value/effectiveness of
peacefully picketing Microsoft events, but if someone
here wants to do that I will not try to stop them.
Same thing with doing things like sending letters to
MPs regarding Microsoft's behaviour, again fine with
me. If it is done within the letter of various
laws/regulations I have no real problem (other than
questioning the value) with people putting up
anti-Microsoft posters, etc.. There are a large number
of ways to express displeasure with Microsoft without
going outside the letter of the law...

Colin McGregor