if BC can do it why not in Ontario?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 6 19:34:47 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:47:57AM -0400, David C. Chipman wrote:
> 		I know it's OT, but isn't the issue regarding alcohol
> in public, the possession of "open alcohol? You can trasnport it home,
> but the bottles/cans have to remain closed. Later,

Well they want you to put it in the trunk.  Apparently walking home with
it it should at least be hidden in a bag, so that you don't offend
sensible ontarians with the visible presense of alcohol.  Being within
reach in your car even if not open is apparently considered wrong.

I think they are amazingly stupid rules, and I don't even like alcohol.
Personally I am more offended by people holding a cigarete than a bottle
of beer.  :)

--
Len Sorensen