Consulting work in the US; tips?

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 24 18:37:57 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 13:02, Madison Kelly wrote:
> I'll definitely keep that in mind. I am hoping to use a more
> accurate way around that would get me a TN or H1B Visa though.
> Gonna talk to the American consulate shortly to see what it my best
> option. "A meeting" is stretching it a little, though still in the
> realm of accurate.

It sounds like you could qualify for a B-1 visa
<http://www.usavisanow.com/b1visainfo.htm>. Two suggestions:

1. Get a copy of the Self Counsel Press book that deals with U.S.
immigration issues. It will serve as a good primer so that when you
talk to a lawyer, you are not completely in the dark.

2. Talk to an immigration lawyer.

By the way, be prepared to continue your trip on a later bus because
the bus that you will take to the border may not wait for you if your
application takes too long.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay