Web Hostig Problem

Allen Taylor tlug-G8usDCtqe957Ar2qsurDTA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 7 15:10:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 10:17:18AM -0400, John McGregor wrote:
> Aaron Vegh wrote:
> > For what it's worth, my current Rogers IP is 99.247.12.47.
> > In fact, through this whole thread I've never seen downtime on this
> > site. In fact, it loads surprisingly fast.
> That's interesting and something that I will pass on to Rogers tech
> department since my Rogers IP is 74.103.40.129 and I can't access the
> site. The last time I had access was Thurs. evening and then only for
> about two hours. I'm beginning to wonder if they have some
> mis-configured equipment upstream of me that they don't know (care) about.

One of the many reasons I dropped Rogers 3 years ago for my home/office
access was the constant downtime (from minutes to hours) and
mis-configuration of their DNS servers. They also tend to cache DNS info
for up to 48 hours, no matter what the root DNS says about refresh
times.

I'm much happier now on Teksavvy.

Allen