optical out sound card for linux?

Charles philip Chan cpchan-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 7 14:20:17 UTC 2007

tleslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org> writes:

> So i am going to buy a bithead head phone amp that is suggested as a
> cheap amp (400$) for a HD650 (good ones go for about 4-5K$ and I ain't
> going there now),

400$? Where did you get this figure from? The Total BitHead is listed
for $149.00US on Headroom. Also have you considered the PA2V2:

http://www.electric-avenues.com/audio8.html

It has a lot of good reviews on head-fi.

> any recommended cards?
> Obviously the card needs to work well with Linux.

The Audiophile 2496:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496-main.html

is really cheap these days. It works with ALSA.

Charles

--
I've run DOOM more in the last few days than I have the last few
months.  I just love debugging ;-)