optical out sound card for linux?

Charles philip Chan cpchan-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 7 14:28:11 UTC 2007

"Mike Kallies" <mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I'm curious if it's just the soundblaster (and PC sound hardware in
> general) which sucks, or if the headphones really draw a lot of juice.

No, it is the SB Live! that sucks. This card converts everything to
48khz internally. Howvever, the resampling routine used is known to be
subpar. To better utilize this card under ALSA, setup up ALSA to do the
resmapling with the libsamplerate plugin.

Charles

--
/* Binary compatibility is good American knowhow fuckin' up. */
        linux-2.2.16/arch/sparc/kernel/sunos_ioctl.c