Web Hosting problem

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 6 00:51:45 UTC 2007

Walter Dnes wrote:
>   There has been a thread about similar problems with other websites for
> Rogers clients on the digitalhome.ca forum.  The problem seems to be...
>
> * IANA has allocated the 99.0.0.0/8 IP address block to ARIN as of
>   October 2006
>
> * ARIN has recently allocated Rogers some address space in that block
>
> * As a defensive measure against spammers and assorted bad guys who
>   temporarily set up in "unallocated address space", many ISPs have
>   started blocking "bogon" address space, including "IANA reserved"
>   IP address space.
>
>   This is *NOT* Rogers' fault.  Either Nouvelocity, or someone upstream
> of them has an out-of-date "bogon address list", and is blocking all
> traffic from 99.0.0.0/8.  Ask Nouvelocity to check if they, or any of
> their upstreams is blocking that address space, and to please stop
> blocking it.

Thanks for the info!

I am the sysadmin for Nouvelocity, so this is my issue. Our firewall has
no such blocks, so tomorrow I will ask out upstream provider if they
might be.

May I ask; the webserver in question is at 192.139.81.119. I know
192.168.0.0/16 is reserved, but where does the 99.0.0.0/8 network come
into play? I may well be guilty of missing the obvious here. :)

Madi