how to point a domain to a host?

peter smerdon psmerdon-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 18:38:25 UTC 2007

Hello
I have registered a .ca domain with www.internic.ca
At this point in time I am unsure If I will purchase some hosting
space or set up a Debian/Apache server at home.

What I wanted to know was what is the next step? If I choose to host
the site at home, how do I get the dns servers all over the web to
point my domain name to my specific host?

If I decide to purchase hosting, will they take care of that step for
me? What are some reputable hosting companies here in the gta? I have
a simple need, a site that could run wordpress and serve up some pics
etc, 300-500mbs of disk *should* be enough,

Any help with this would be really appreciated...
thanks.
Peter.