Call for job and 'extended hours'

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 14:31:42 UTC 2007

> I googled on this a bit as I was interested, I think in Ontario it
>> depends on what "type" of job you do.  The category that I am guessing
>> most ppl on the list are in would be IT Professional which is "Not
>> Covered" in regards to overtime.  Some ppl on the list may be in the
>> other two Professionals category which some of "Covered" and some are
>> "Not Covered".
>>
>> http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/factsheets/fs_covered.html
>>
> Are employees, not contractors, considered "professionals"

My approach to this has always been to ask for 'time off equivalent to
overtime'. So when there is a crisis, sure, you work the extra time, but
then you get the time back. Time is your non-renewable resource in life.
To me that's more important than overtime pay.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto