Web hosting problem

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 01:30:10 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 03 July 2007 20:40, John McGregor wrote:
> > The logo in the top left corner (designed by Drew Hodge according
> > to the message in the dark blue bar at the bottom of the page)
> > looks like "mature-it". If people are trying to access the site
> > using http://www.mature-it.ca/ that could be the problem.
>
> When it works, matureit.ca loads nice and fast, but as of this
> writing, its unreachable again. Unfortunately its unreachable for
> far more time than its accessible. So the question stands -- does
> anybody here know of any quirks on the part of Rogers that would
> help make my site accessible on their network all the time?

I have had mysterious DNS troubles with the Rogers network before and
I am not alone. The usual response from Rogers is to delay, ask for
traceroutes while ignoring the ones that were put in front of them,
and otherwise deny problems. They eventually get it sorted out but
have never admitted problems to me. However, in this case, I cannot
get to that domain from Rogers or from any of the three different
data centres in which we have servers, here in Toronto, in Chicago,
or in Europe. Those data centres are all on different networks so the
likelihood of it being a problem with all four networks is quite
unlikely.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay