Call for job and 'extended hours'

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 3 15:33:11 UTC 2007

I just had a call with an HR person from a company downtown who's name
starts with water.  The incumbent for said position is expected to work
the 'extended hours' 50 per week without overtime.  They would not even
tell me the compensation range.  When I mentioned that the position
might require two people instead the person on the phone seemed to think
that the position was reasonable as is.  I know that I applied for this
position in the beginning of April.  I can't help but think it is taking
them so long due to the excessive hours turning people off.

Has anyone else had dealings with this company?  What is with this habit
many companies have to not tell a salary range until the interview?
Wouldn't it save both the company and the candidate time if they knew
this before hand?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    |