Rogers high-speed internet

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 26 20:08:04 UTC 2007

I've run web and ftp servers even on both Bell and Rogers connection before.
Not particularly high traffic (the upload on residential connections wont
allow for a high traffic site), but I've certainly run them before without a
problem. I imagine that p2p is a bigger problem than ftp and web traffic in
terms of bandwidth use, but web, ftp, and mail servers are a greater concern
for liability. Easier to say they aren't allowed so you have the legal slack
to shut down any 'problems' that arise. People running hate-speech websites
and the like from home machines, people setting up open-relays for mail
servers, etc. I don't think they intend to shut down hobbyists or budding
comp sci students.