Rogers high-speed internet

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 26 17:10:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:25:46PM -0500, Charles philip Chan wrote
> Which is of no use since their TOS forbids servers, IIRC.
Strictly speaking, IM, IRC, and P2P programs act in part as servers
which would make using them going against their TOS. AFAIK, their real
concern is someone running an FTP or Web server (for example) that would
result in excessive traffic that could impact other users of the service.

You wouldn't really want to run a server that would have a lot of
traffic on it anyway since the upload speed is a lot lower than the
download speed. There is also a monthly cap on the amount line to
consider if one was wanting to run a server.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.