Rogers high-speed internet

Stephen Allen kru_tch-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 24 02:04:40 UTC 2007

James Knott wrote:

> Bell will now supply a modem/router/firewall combo, but that's useless
> for my work, which requires only a modem.

Well just use it for a modem then ...

My experiences have been a little different.

Two years ago I lived in Scarborough and used Cable Internet. It was
atrocious, and even though I was on high speed, (as opposed to Ultra), I
achieved a maximum 70 kbps usually averaging 40 kbps. This was in 3
different locations in Scarborough.

Since I"ve moved to downtown Toronto, DSL from Sympatico, has been
reliable -- More so than Cable ever was for me. I'm getting faster speed
as well,(a steady average of 350 kbps, (sometimes higher) on most of my
surfing/downloads.

For $35/month (contract) I get better service, faster throughput, and a
great little wireless/conventional router/switch/modem, that works
better than my Linksys, ever did.

YMMV