IT360 Show April 30 - May 2, 2007

Paul Mora paulmora-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 23 16:26:18 UTC 2007

Rather than focusing on giveaways, why not do some mini-lectures on
some technical Linux topics?  Set up a small theater; a white board
(or projection screen) and some chairs.  Something sort of like the
ones that I did at the IBM booth last year.  They don't have to be
long, just 15-20 minutes, on some topic that you're familiar with, or
find cool, or neat about Linux.  Some example topics that come to mind
are:

- MythTV overview
- Digital camera software demo or example
- Music management under Linux (using amaroK and an iPod, or whatever)
- Games under Linux... do they exist?

You can even pillage some of the topics that were presented in the
last year in NewTLUG and GTALUG; even get those presenters to do them
again.

That way, people can see first hand what we're all about, what the
talks are like, and meet the "core" members and contributors of the
LUGs.

pm

--
Paul Mora