MythTv - the mythtv user

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 22 17:48:13 UTC 2007

I imagine certain maintainence scripts are run as the mythtv user (think mtd
and so forth), and the backend records the shows as the mythtv user I
believe (or at least the mythtv user seems to own everything in
/media/mythtv/recordings (or where ever you put it)). I certainly wouldn't
delete it, as it might be necessary for some of these tasks.

Personally I have my system set up to automatically log in as the mythtv
user and to run mythfrontend in the xsession file, and since my room mates
also need access to the account, it's easier to have a semi-public mythtv
user where we all know the password, rather than handing out my own username
and password to all my room mates. Wouldn't want them changing my password
on me, even by accident.