Subversion, user accounts and ACLs

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 18 20:20:06 UTC 2007

Suppose I have a Subversion repository:

/trunk/
/branches/dev
/branches/qa

I want to be able to limit users to certain directories.  John should
only be able to access branches/qa.  Jane should only be able to access
branches/dev.

I can accomplish this using Subversion's authz-db files.  Using this
method users contact a running Subversion daemon.  Their credentials are
stored in a password-db file.  I do not like that this file is plain
text.  I also do not like that this does not give the user's a chance to
change their passwords.

Is there a way to control directory access inside a repository while
still using UNIX shell accounts for logins?

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 5 days