OT: Copyright law changes could leave consumers vulnerable

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 18 00:32:25 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 18:41, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> Sy Ali wrote:
> > On 1/17/07, Patrick Allen <pallen3-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >> Or 1984.  (Where only "certain" people could turn their sets off)
> >
> > Bingo
> >
> > Note to Kevin: It's a good book, and the movie is ok too.
>
> Yes, I know about it. Despite my interest in SF I have not read the book
> or seen the movie (yet).

Books are usually worth more than movies and retain a stronger imprint in
memory.

I did not read books of Orwell. I remember however movie based on 1984 - it
was quite impressive. Now, I am downloading through aMule a copy, to refresh
my memory. Whenever I watch CNN - that movie comes to my mind ;) I saw also
(again, through aMule) Animals Farm. That movie wasnt great in my opinion but
it is worth to watch it once and remember.

In general, P2P network allows to find great things. One however needs to know
well how to search or get a direction from someone on what to search (thats a
quite week point in case of P2P - searching mechanism is very poor). I know a
lady in Russia (through the Internet) and she directed me to several
wonderfull, very interesting movies that (and we are living in a "free"
country!) that will never ever be shown here in public.

zb.