Why english is important

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 12 18:10:32 UTC 2007

Simon <simon80 at ...> writes:

> That's not the point - the reason it's important is because for
> phishers, good grammar is a valuable job skill, since they're
> impersonating organizations that are capable of communicating in
> fluent English.

Ok, what's the difference between a phishing attempt for 5% of 419,000$ with
spilling mistakes, spam from a broker promising about the same gains in percent
for a minimum investment of 20,000$, and a phishing attempt from ebay
complaining about the non-payment for the yelllow Valvo you bought last week ?
These will likely all contain some bad engrish somewhere. What they have in
common is the fact that someone who cannot be bothered to click on the spell
check button is after your money in other than 'usual' ways (like your bank
likely does, when it flogs some investment pamphlet with exquisite spelling and
layout). As to 'organizations capable of communicating in fluent English',
surely you must have met a couple of clerks whose accents are in the 'medium to
difficult' categoy ? I am not a native english speaker and I have slightly more
trouble than most pinning down accents, but even natives have trouble with
certain kinds of 'plain engrish'.

Peter P.