Why english is important

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 10 03:50:19 UTC 2007

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:

>If you are going to write phishing emails, it's *really* important to get
>the english language correct. For example:
>

>----------------------------
>Subject: Accounts Suspension Warning ID####
>From:    "services-HC00ipvQh1TgdWPOfyH0ygC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org" <services-HC00ipvQh1TgdWPOfyH0ygC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org>
>Date:    Fri, January #, #### #:## am
>To:      phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org

>      paypal  Dear valued PayPal member,   It has come to our attention
>that your billing  information are out of order .
>                               ^^^
>If you could please take #-## minutes out of your  online experience and
>update your personal records so you will  not run into any future problems
>with the online service. However, any failure  in updating your
>records will result in account suspension .  Please update your
>records now.

>Not bad for some non-english speaking creeps working in a basement
>somewhere. I wonder how long it will take them before their english is
>perfect?

I agree that correct usage of English is important to maximize the
number of victims,
but how many potential victims are university professors?
Like Sy says, books have editors and even then errata.

I would not assume that the author(s) are "some non-english [/sic/]
speaking creeps in a basement somewhere." although that might be the
case :-) .

Regards

Meng Cheah