Syncing PDA

Neil Watson tlug-neil-8agRmHhQ+n2CxnSzwYWP7Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 8 20:50:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 03:31:54PM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>Which USB chipset do you have?  I have seen at least 2.6.18 fail to run
>USB2 devices on some SIS chipsets, while if ehci-hcd module is unloaded
>(making it USB1 only) everything works fine (although at USB1 speeds of
>course).  Might be related to your problem.

02:04.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller (rev 61)
02:04.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1
Controller (rev 61)
02:04.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 63)

I've configured this into my kernel not as a module.  A rebuild may be
needed.

>Of course you probably also need much newer sync software for the pilot
>than comes with sarge.  My tungsten E can't sync with sarge, although it
>seems to have better luck with what is coming in etch.

I can't recall which name is which version but I'm running Debian
version 4.0 (testing).

--
Neil Watson             | Debian Linux
System Administrator    | Uptime 1 day