what to use instead of skype?

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 6 02:19:28 UTC 2007

Marcel Gagne wrote:
> A superb (cross platform) alternative with video support included for Linux is
> WengoPhone. Cheaper than Skype by a long shot if you want to call landlines.
> It's also a SIP phone so you can use it to call other SIP phones.
>
>   http://www.wengophone.com/index.php/homePage

There's more info (and a direct comparison between Wengo and Skype) at
http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/wengo_phone

Now... in checking all this out I came across "the Gizmo project", which
is the new project of the inventor of MP3.com and Linspire. Does anyone
here know about it as an alternative to Skype or Wengo?

- Evan