Recent Spadina/College retail experience

Teddy David Mills teddymills-VFlxZYho3OA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 3 20:22:17 UTC 2007

Shopping at College/Spadina is the shopping equivalent of using Linux.

1. You should know what you want and why. (otherwise you'll be dependant
on others; google is your friend!)
2. technical support on college/spadina can actually be helpful and useful.
3. separate the useful from the useless.ie.be wary of any enterprise
level advice you get on college&spadina.
5. As for support, the only support I expect is warranty replacement.
(which is black and white 99.99% of the time)
6. try to patron 3 stores or less for the expensive items. This way they
should remember you.
7. i dont know if its a look or an attitude, but salesreps can spot
sheep and marks.
8. i dont have the idea that it is a confrontational or zero sum game.
It is a social/shop talk time. therefore you dont have religious flame
wars. its a collaboration of ideas.
9. and my last tibit of advice? Keep walking right past Computer Systems
Center.

i dont know where im going with this, but you get the idea....

/tm