Recent Spadina/College retail experience

Zoltan (ZEE4) zhunt-KdxWn004MjY at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 3 19:14:51 UTC 2007

Alex Beamish wrote:
> Hi TLUG,
>
> Does anyone else have stories about shopping at Spadina/College? Is my
> experience unusual?
>
> --
> Alex Beamish
> Toronto, Ontario
> aka talexb
>
> 1. http://www.sonnam.com/
> 2. http://www.hardwaredirect.ca/
> 3. http://www.apluscomputers.ca/

I've bought a few items over the past two years, personally I'd avoid
Factory Direct - slow service, seems to sell a lot of refurbished stuff
(they sell everything from computers to garden lights). The place I
bought my last computer closed about 4 weeks after I bought it- good
thing it still works as well as when I bought it, but then again, it's
all off the shelf parts, so I don't expect too many problems. The best
thing about the area is there are literally 10 stores in 10 minutes
walking distance so you can walk down one side then the other comparing
prices, that's what I've done last time I've bought computers (desktop
and laptop).

BTW: there's a new place, just opened in the last month,
www.jumbocomputers.ca near Kensington Market (Augusta St.?) and College
that looks nice - looks like  part of the store is is going to be an
Internet cafe - with bubble tea too :)

Zoltan
www.yyztech.ca - reviews, cybercafes, news