[tpm] Fwd:Movie Night at TLUG?

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 27 23:08:26 UTC 2007

-- TLUG is thinking about doing a
>> showing
>> of Revolution OS as one of their meetings.

> Nobody needs to pay anything; I own a copy of the DVD.

Apparently the movie companies originally opposed video tape recording
because of the idea that 'one person could buy a copy of the movie and
then multiple people would watch it for free'!

Here we are proposing to do what was once Hollywood's worst nightmare.
OTOH, the subjects of the movie support this kind of openness, so the
whole thing has a pleasing symmetry to it.

Then, as it turned out, a whole new market opened up for movies which is
at least as lucrative as theatre showings.

--
Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto