Now THIS is advocacy!

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 24 01:47:39 UTC 2007

On 2/23/07, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> If Dell sold consumer desktops and notebooks that came with Linux, I
> might buy them.  I would probably not use their choice of Linux, but
> it would mean that they had managed to get Linux to support
> everything.

Same here.  I actually had a conversation earlier today at work that
went something like this:

Can I throw this out (holds up a bulky case exhaust thing)

me> Uh, no .. if I upgrade my computer, I might need that for airflow.

But what if we just buy new computers.. a couple of powerhouse Dells
with 32" widescreen LCDs

me> (pauses in thought with a mixed look of confusion, excitement and horror)

We ended up keeping it.  =)

I built my current setup.  The way this thread is going, maybe I ought
to think about building its future replacement too.