(Fwd) Job Postings

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 19 19:28:33 UTC 2007

On 2/19/07, Steve Harvey <sgh-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:39:38PM -0500, Paul King wrote:
> > I am forwarding this job posting to anyone interested. This is a
> > programmer/analyst position with the Ontario College of Teachers.  ...
> > ------- Forwarded message follows -------
> > > From:       hr-a7/XJQx/cRc at public.gmane.org
> > >
> > > Posting 07-07
> > > Programmer Analyst
> > > Information Technology Unit, Executive Department
> > >

> > > Education, Skills, and Experience:
> > >      College diploma or university degree in the field of computer
> > >     science, information systems, or software engineering, and three
> > >     to five years work experience in the field
>
>   Why did they specify an upper limit on years of experience?  Should I
> take it as a filter to remove folks who only have legacy skills, or is
> evidence of a the re-emergence of a social fad that I need to be
> concerned about?

I didn't read that as an upper limit .. rather I read it as 'at least three
to five years work experience ..', something that I haven't worried in quite
a while. ;)

And in fact, if there was a limit to the amount of experience, that could be
interpreted as age discrimination, something that any organization (and
especially the government) wants to avoid.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario