is GPL3 a sign of the beast?

Marcel Gagne mggagne-oUREY1nl/XXQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 14 13:54:54 UTC 2007

Hello all,

On February 13, 2007 10:45:12 pm Colin McGregor wrote:

> (even through I don't want to hear answers):

For all the answers you get on this one, I can only say, "You asked for it" [
insert appropriate smiley here ].  And since I can't resist . . .

> - What is the best editor, vi or emacs?

vi, of course, and in keeping with the subject line, there's also the Editor
of the beast, VIVIVI.

> - What is the best desktop, Gnome or KDE?

KDE

> - Which is the best word processor, OpenOffice or
> AbiWord?

OpenOffice.org

> - What is the best GPL'ed OS, GNU/Linux or Solaris?

I'd answer, but my sides are hurting from all the laughing I did on this one.
I suppose you could even ask, "Which GPL'ed OS is best, GNU/Linux or Linux?"
Now that would be funny.

> Two years from now (after the destruction in lawsuits
> of a certain firm) we MIGHT be asking:
>
> - What is the best GPL'ed OS, GNU/Linux, Solaris, or
> Novell/IBM/Red Hat/Autozone/DaimlerChrysler Unixware?

Somehow, that one wasn't as funny.

Take care out there, and Happy Valentine's Day.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note: This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.