running windows via kvm module -- any experiences?

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 12 14:17:21 UTC 2007

> My experience is that Bibtex is very good and easy to use on linux or
> windows. But for someone who has all their references in endnote already
> is their an easy way to convert them to bibtex?

I ran into this page:
http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2006/EECS-2006-183.html via
Tim Bray's blog (http://tbray.org/ongoing/) and although that page
might be separately relevant to some on this list, the citations at
the end of it made me think of this thread.

I don't know if there's an existing tool to convert EndNote to BibTeX,
but it looks like it might be easy to whip something together in Perl
(Python, Ruby, awk, sed, whatever).  Here's the relevant text from the
above link:

BibTeX citation:

@techreport{Asanovic:EECS-2006-183,
    Author = {Krste Asanovic, Ras Bodik, Bryan Christopher Catanzaro,
Joseph James Gebis, Parry Husbands, Kurt Keutzer, David A. Patterson,
William Lester Plishker, John Shalf, Samuel Webb Williams and
Katherine A. Yelick},
    Title = {The Landscape of Parallel Computing Research: A View from
Berkeley},
    Institution = {EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley},
    Year = {2006},
    Month = {December 18},
    URL = {http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2006/EECS-2006-183.html},
    Number = {UCB/EECS-2006-183}
}

EndNote citation:

%0 Report
%A Asanovic, Krste
%A Bodik, Ras
%A Catanzaro, Bryan Christopher
%A Gebis, Joseph James
%A Husbands, Parry
%A Keutzer, Kurt
%A Patterson, David A.
%A Plishker, William Lester
%A Shalf, John
%A Williams, Samuel Webb
%A Yelick, Katherine A.
%T The Landscape of Parallel Computing Research: A View from Berkeley
%I EECS Department, University of California, Berkeley
%D 2006
%8 December 18
%@ UCB/EECS-2006-183
%U http://www.eecs.berkeley.edu/Pubs/TechRpts/2006/EECS-2006-183.html
%F Asanovic:EECS-2006-183

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com