running windows via kvm module -- any experiences?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 15:50:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 06:59:44PM -0500, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> Nope, core duo is fine as well.  I have a Dell inspiron 6400 with a T2400
> (IIRC) ... definitely a core duo and definitely has VT.  All core duos from
> T2200 and up (if not earlier) should have VT capability.  I've tried HP,
> Toshiba and Dell laptops and all had VT enabled and working fine for Xen.

The table I found on intel's site I think said the 2300E does not, but
the 2300 (no E) and up does.  I guess E means 'economy', which of course
means you don't get all the features but still get to pay plenty of
money. :)

> Wish I'd stuck with the Toshiba, it had Intel graphics.  On the toshiba
> graphics and suspend all worked out of the box - without ATI graphics not so
> much, I suppose there are some functional ATI drivers that I could download
> from somewhere but I'm too lazy to look ;-)

Not necesarily.  My experience has been that there really aren't fully
functional drivers for an ATI.  Mostly functional certainly, but never
fully.

--
Len Sorensen