Virtualization on Debian

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 10 13:34:28 UTC 2007

Hi All

It was suggested that we look into virtualization.
At present, there are 3 servers running Debian (2 stable and 1 unstable).
The boxes are running Apache, MySQL and PHP.

I've some reading material lined up and then noticed the thread "xen
virtualization and linux distros" start up.
Not wanting to "hijack" the thread (the distro will remain Debian), I'm
asking for some help.

Are virtual servers common in production systems now?
More to the point, what is your experience?

What to look at first (Xen or other options) using a Debian system?
Any gotchas to look out for?

I'm looking for some pointers to start off with.

Thanks in advance.

Meng Cheah