Whenceforth the Ubuntu fanboyz now?

Christopher Friedt cfriedt-u6hQ6WWl8Q3d1t4wvoaeXtBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 10 08:26:25 UTC 2007

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> The only thing we cannot do under Linux these days are PCB layout and
> routing. As a matter of habit, I use Electronic Workbench under Windows
> for circuit simulation, but I believe there is a linux-based alternative
> now.

I've laid out & routed a board with Eagle (although for the full version
it costs something - http://www.cadsoft.de/prices.htm ). The board had
sram, an FPGA, a linear regulator, several connectors.

Jim at Ryerson actually machine cut the board for me. I can't remember
exactly what the smallest trace dimension was, but I used eagle, and his
smallest trace dimension, and it worked :)

Still, I suppose it can only beat something like OrCAD in price :P

~/Chris