router/printserver/printer recommendations

Matt Price matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 8 15:29:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 02:34 -0500, Tim Writer wrote:
> lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org (Lennart Sorensen) writes:
>
> > The WRT54G v5 and above, and I believe the WRT54GS v2 and above are both
> > stripped down, and running vmworks, and according to reviews they are
> > amazingly crappy routers compared to the linux based versions.
>
> I agree about the WRT54G v5. The WRT54GS v1 through v3 all have 8MB RAM,
> 32MB flash, and are supported by OpenWRT, i.e. can run Linux. I'm running
> Asterisk with decent voice quality on my WRT54GS v2.

hmm, so I bought a wrt54gl and now I am wondering whether the fact it
runs linux is a pandora's box.  Has anyone made a mod to this router
that actually improves their quality of life?  I'm worried I'll be
excoriated for my sdupidity when I start breaking up our internet
access...

thx,

Matt Price
History Dept