Simple video editing?

Christopher Friedt cfriedt-u6hQ6WWl8Q3d1t4wvoaeXtBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 7 08:23:03 UTC 2007

Using transcode it is very likely also possible to do this. Transcode
also links into the ffmpeg code if it's specified as a build option.

There is also lots of documentation about transcode.

http://www.transcoding.org/cgi-bin/transcode

There are several methods of reducing the size of each of the movies.
You might also want to look into encoding the audio with a different
codec or using a slightly lower sampling rate (I usually find that 160
kbps is more than enough for most films).

You can also reduce the frequency of keyframes in the mpeg conversion I
think.

Most of my use with transcode comes from using 'dvd::rip' (obviously for
encoding ... umm... all of those home-movies with my kids and whatnot...
what am i saying, i don't even have any kids) but I would recommend it
without hesitation.

~/Chris