David, please tell me you weren't part of this...

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 3 03:18:36 UTC 2007

Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> http://www.crncanada.ca/content/software/opinion-this-publicity-li.shtml
>
> Kinda makes me proud that I unsubscribed from the ubuntu-ca mailing list
> a few weeks ago. Geez, how can such good software so badly represent
> itself to the public?
>
> I have to generally agree with the author about the sheer stupidity of
> this action. Can I assume that TLUG had nothing to do with it?

Since no one from TLUG (except David) has attended any of the public
meet and greet events (Software Freedom Day and this) that I know of,
TLUG is in the clear, no worries about tarnishing reputation. Perhaps
only of being overshadowed in terms of distributing cds and advocacy
(which admittedly the aforementioned bombastic article paints are
painfully lacking).

Jamon