David, please tell me you weren't part of this...

David J Patrick davidjpatrick-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 3 05:08:43 UTC 2007

On 02/02/07, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
subject: David, please tell me you weren't part of this...
I most certainly was, Evan, it was fun and I'd do it again. In fact, I
plan to ! Tomorrow starting about 2pm, this time in front of the Eaton
Centre, accross from der IceHaus.

> http://www.crncanada.ca/content/software/opinion-this-publicity-li.shtml
>
> Kinda makes me proud that I unsubscribed from the ubuntu-ca mailing list
> a few weeks ago. Geez, how can such good software so badly represent
> itself to the public?
If fresh faced enthusiasts donating time and money to stand in the
cold and extol the virtues of linux and free software, is bad
representation, then proud you should be.

> I have to generally agree with the author about the sheer stupidity of
> this action. Can I assume that TLUG had nothing to do with it?
Except for the fact that a Board member was principal organizer, no,
not at all. The stupidity in question was entirely the result of that
band of unruly ubuntu enthusiasts. They can't seem to grasp how a LUG
should behave, and insist on telling EVERYBODY how great linux is.
Have faith that after this weekends appalling display of shameless
promotion in the cold despite stern condemnation, they will surely
learn their lesson, or at least how to get the word out to a couple of
hundred thousand people.

Will we see you tomorrow ?
djp

djp-tnsZcVQxgqO2dHQpreyxbg at public.gmane.org