Toshiba Satellite P100-MA1

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 2 15:20:20 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:26:07PM -0500, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> If it is like the one in my 2 or 3 year old HP notebook, it is a
> scandal, as far as I'm concernted: there is a Linux driver but you
> need the firmware slug to upload.  That slug is in the MS Windows
> driver, encrypted.  The encryption has been reverse engineered, but
> the person who has done it is scared to publish the method.
>
> I'm sure the encryption is easy to figure out, but I'm not about to
> bother.
>
> Neither HP nor TI have released the slug.

I don't have much hope for it either.  Then again in the case of my
wife's laptop the thing is useless in windows too.  It doesn't work with
cards bigger than 512M for some reason, so her 1GB card from the camera
doesn't work.  Plugging in the camera works, using the card reader in
the usb connected printer works fine, using an external card reader on
usb works fine.  Just the TI crap doesn't work. :)

--
Len Sorensen