Toshiba Satellite P100-MA1

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 2 03:26:07 UTC 2007

| From: Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org>

| The 5-in-1 card reader will probably not work.  If it is TI based at
| least.  Someone is trying to reverse engineer the TI parts (I have seen
| them in HP and Compaq systems among others), so potentially some day
| they might work.

If it is like the one in my 2 or 3 year old HP notebook, it is a
scandal, as far as I'm concernted: there is a Linux driver but you
need the firmware slug to upload.  That slug is in the MS Windows
driver, encrypted.  The encryption has been reverse engineered, but
the person who has done it is scared to publish the method.

I'm sure the encryption is easy to figure out, but I'm not about to
bother.

Neither HP nor TI have released the slug.