new Rogers terms of service

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 20:22:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 01:22:31PM -0500, Alex Beamish wrote:
> The last time I added outlets (a few years back), the Rogers guy told me
> there was one price for a single outlet, and another price for 2 or more
> outlets. I think I have six connections right now, and that mostly means
> connections to a VCR and then through to a TV .. so we could be recording
> and watching as many as 12 channels simultaneously. I'm sure that the
> average is less than 2.

I remember reading in some of the documentation, that yes it is one
price for 1 outlet, and another for multi outlet up to 4.  If you want
more than 4 you have to pay a one time fee for an amplifier as far as I
recall to boost the signal to allow splitting it more (I think up to 8
outlets).  Of course when I had cable installed they installed a 4 way
splitter, and it made the digital cable box fail to tune a lot of
channels.  Problem disappeared when I removed the splitter and ran the
cable to a single outlet with the cable box.  Apparently the wiring in
the house is just too crappy, so I added my own signal amplifier before
the 4 way splitter and it solved the problem.

Replacing the cable in the house with better quality might be a better
plan, but I don't want to mess with that myself and don't want to pay
for it either. :)

--
Len Sorensen