new Rogers terms of service

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 18:22:31 UTC 2007

On 1/31/07, DANIEL GARDINER <dgardiner0821-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> --- "D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> >     14.  You may not use the Services for anything
> > other than your own
> >     personal use. You may not resell the Services,
> > receive any charge or
> >     benefit for the use of the Services or provide
> > internet access or any
> >     other feature of the Services to any third
> > party.  You may not share
> >     or transfer your Services without our express
> > consent.
> >
> > a. the internet is about sharing.  Is a web server
> > sharing my Service
> > when it sends a message to me??
> >
> > b. does that mean that the rest of my household
> > (family) cannot use the internet?
>
>   I think they are trying to say that you can't hook
> up a wireless router and allow/sell access to your
> neighbour(hood).
>
> >     51. [WRT Television Services] Only one
> > television or FM receiver may be
> >     attached to any outlet. ...
> >
> > Does this prohibit VCRs, PVRs, etc?
>
>   I don't think so, it sounds more like the old mantra
> of "if you want a tv in another room you need to put
> in another outlet, you can't split the signal and run
> a line to the other room".

The last time I added outlets (a few years back), the Rogers guy told me
there was one price for a single outlet, and another price for 2 or more
outlets. I think I have six connections right now, and that mostly means
connections to a VCR and then through to a TV .. so we could be recording
and watching as many as 12 channels simultaneously. I'm sure that the
average is less than 2.

--
Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario