D'oh!

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 15 20:59:38 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 08:42, Chris Aitken wrote:

> >I am not a Network whiz but I wonder why you want to use dhcp?  Are you
> > afraid of your hosts file getting too big?
>
> I don't want to use dhcp - it's just that the cable modem gives me an
> address to get on the Internet - that's the only dhcp I'm interested in.

With my DLink router I'm not concerned with that.  I just tell the router to
go to the modems address [4.2.2.2] and the modem and router do the rest for
the internet connection.

> Yeah, that's the part where you get an address assigned via dhcp.

I don't get that address as mentioned above.  I don't know why I would want
it.

I remember using [knowing?] it when I was dialup and using coyote on a
computer router, but now DLink software handles the details.

But I'm no whiz so you may have a situation unlike mine.

Regards

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can