gtkpod on ubuntu

Christopher Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 15 15:02:02 UTC 2007

Christopher Aitken wrote:
> Top-post update as this thread is old now: In ubuntu, gtkpod keeps
> displaying the contents of the iPod, but the iPod keeps displaying "No
> Music".
>
> JoeHill wrote:

<snip>
>>  Be careful when using apps which lets you manually specify which
>> iPod model you own, they may overwrite that file when you do that.
> That may be my problem now.
>> So if after doing that libgpod still seems to write invalid content
>> to the iPod, double-check the content of that SysInfo file to
>> make sure the FirewireGuid line you added isn't gone. If that
>> happens, readd it
>> to the end of the file,
> Yeah it's still there - it's persisting.
>> and make sure libgpod rewrite the iPod content."
>>
> How do I do that - by re-installing libgpod? Or do you mean gtkpod?
Probably the most annoying thing about all of this is that when I chose
the correct model in gtkpod on the fedora machine (before the hard drive
died) that seemed to be last thing I did before it all started to work.
I remember selecting 3rd gen. 4 gb nano (with video) - not the exact
wording but all those parameters were int he description). Now, I don't
even see that selection. It's liek it's a different version of gtkpod.
Is the version of gtkpod that I loaded on fedora 7 via svn, different
from the one I installed on ubuntu via the ppa repo?.

Chris

<snip>