Please Vote No to OOXML / Information on Our Delegation

Christopher Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 14 16:20:56 UTC 2007

Forgive the top-post. I wouldn't know what questions to insert where in
an interleaved response. When advocacy emails like these are on the list
it would be nice if someone would explain in easy terms what's going on
and what's at stake. I actually do spend a bit of time reading the
emails and some of the links, but I find the information too technical
and too much. I need an explanation like, "This is what so-and-so is
trying to ram through. If it goes through then linux will basically be
illegal to use for Internet access" or "If this goes through Microsoft
will come after regular Canadian consumers and sue them for having .ogg
files on there computers (even stuff you are just backing up from
records and CDs that you own" and "It's a long shot but here is what
people are doing to make themselves heard".

I know this is asking a lot, but I'd really appreciate some explanation.

Chris