MythTV presentation sources and resources.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 12 14:26:15 UTC 2007

Just to follow-up from last evening's GTALug meeting
here are some sources and resources that Greater
Toronto Area MythTV fans should find useful.

My current home set-up is a main box (acting as both
client and server), but it is my plan to set-up a
bedroom client box (and get rid of the extra cable
outlet that I am currently paying Rogers a few $/mo.
for :-) ).

MythTV sources and resources:

www.mythtv.org - Main site - great wiki.

www.mysettopbox.tv/knoppmyth.html - Knoppix & MythTV
www.mythbuntu.org - Ubuntu based MythTV installer
g-ding.tv/?q=MythDora - Fedora based MythTV installer

www.pchdtv.com - Linux friendly HDTV tuner cards
www.silicondust.com - Builds a tuner to Ethernet box
www.hauppauge.com - PVR series are great analog tuners
www.silverstonetek.com - Great home theater cases

www.schedulesdirect.org - MythTV schedule data
www.lyngsat-logo.com - TV channel logos

www.remotecentral.com/hdtv/index.html - GTA HDTV
Channels

www.linuxjournal.com/article/8658 - My 2005 take on
MythTV (warning: some of the material in this article
is now out of date).

"Sergey" noted the following site:
freetoronto.tv - Free TV in the GTA