mod_python on Debian stable?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 13 15:38:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 10:10:30PM -0500, William O'Higgins Witteman wrote:
> Is there a set of magic words to get python scripts to get executed by
> apache on Debian?
>
> I have followed the instructions from here:
> http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/modpython.html
>
> But all I get is the program output as plain text by the browser.
>
> Versions:
> libapache2-mod-python/etch uptodate 3.2.10-4
> apache2/etch uptodate 2.2.3-4+etch1
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Well it asked me when I installed the package if I wanted to enable the
module (to which I said yes).

Other than that, the info in the corosponding -doc package seems to
cover what you have to add to either .htaccess or the config to enable a
python handler (the tutorial in the docs seems to cover it well).

--
Len Sorensen